YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (RLC SA) ONLINE PROGRAM COHORT 3 (04 May – 13 June, 2018) & COHORT 4 (29 July – 7 September, 2018)
Deadline 18th March 2018 (23:59, South Africa Time Zone)
About RLC SA
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders. The YALI Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (RLC SA) is hosted by the University of South Africa at the Graduate School of Business Leadership in Midrand, South Africa. The RLC SA aims to create critical thinkers who can solve complex, multidisciplinary problems; foster entrepreneurial and innovative thinking; and encourage cross-border communication and multicultural collaboration. The RLC SA develops the skills of young African leaders by providing core training in contemporary African issues, as well as specialized training in three key areas: Business and Entrepreneurship; Civic Leadership and Public Management.
Who Can Apply?
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Age (18-35)
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries, and the African continent
- Proven experience and track record in Public Management, Business and Entrepreneurship, or Civic Leadership
- Citizen of: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia or Zimbabwe.
- English language proficiency
The program encourages applications from:
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
- Young leaders with disabilities
- People who are HIV positive or who are living with AIDS
- Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTIQ communities across the region
- Other minority groups
There is no fee to apply for or participate on the program. Applications for Online Program Cohort 3 & 4 is now open until 18th March 2018 (23:59, South Africa Time Zone).
How to Apply
To apply, visit the YALI RLC SA website: https://yalisouthernafrica.melimu.com/