ALL JOB ADVERTISEMENTS EXPIRE AT 11:59 PM OR 23:59 HRS, ADDIS ABABA TIME
About AUC/ AU Careers
AU Careers is African Union Commission main vacancy application portal. The African Union, established as a unique Pan African continental body, is charged with spearheading Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development by promoting unity, solidarity, cohesion and cooperation among the peoples of Africa and African States as well as developing a new partnership worldwide. Its Headquarters is located in Addis Ababa, capital city of Ethiopia. In seeking to achieve these objectives, the African Union intends to strengthen its capacity to deliver by, among others, the implementation of new organization structure and the filling of regular and short-term vacant posts.
The African Union Commission invites applicants who are citizens of Member States.
All applicants should :
- Demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge.
- Be motivated and have a strong commitment to the policies and programmes of AUC.
- Be able to work well in a multicultural Environment.
- Have working experience at national and/or international level.
- Be proficient in at least one of the official languages of the Organization (Arabic, English, French, and Portuguese) and have a working knowledge of a second. It is not mandatory to know more than one language however an additional language are an asset.
AUC Recruitment Principles
- We do not discriminate on any ground (race, creed or sex).
- We are committed to promoting diversity in our workforce.
- We aim to achieve a broad representation of member country nationals.
- We strive to provide an environment where the contribution of each individual is valued.
- Selection of staff is normally made on a competitive basis.
All applications should be made through our E-recruitment system, any application channeled through other means will not be considered. If you are experiencing problems during either applying for a job or creating a PHF record in the E-recruitment System, please contact the African Union Recruitment at email@example.com and elaborate on the exact problem you are facing.
Inorder to be able to apply for a position all potential applicants will need to create a PHP database Record where they will enter among others your personal information, current and previous education and employment details. From the provided information AUC recruitment team will match the data against the currently applied for position to see if you meet the requirements. It is advised that you completely enter your data as partial data may lead to disqualification. In addition, you can always track the status of your applications by clicking on my applications in your cockpit.
Please use the following links to access the E-recruitment System to access your PHP records, note in the Legacy System you cannot update your data. In addition you can access the User Manuals from the links below if you are having problems applying for a position or creating your profile.
VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES HERE AU Careers
For more information visit AU website