Volunteer Journalist/Reporter is a position that will hold membership in IVolunteer International’s Writer’s Council. The “Writer’s Council” consists of volunteer writers who will keep the organization’s official blog energized by sharing stories that are mainly relating to capacity development, human rights & security, sustainable development goals, research & opinion, women & youth, and volunteer stories. However, we also welcome stories inspired by current events happening in the world or in the writer’s own communities. We welcome all creative topics suggested by our Writers and we are very flexible in approving them.
The position is a flexible position, which means that the tasks allocated to you must be completed on your own time on or before the deadline and you can work from anywhere, virtually. This is an unpaid, volunteer position without any financial compensation. The position is open to citizens of any country. We always work with your schedule.
- Training on WordPress utilization and feedback on each article for improvement.
- A letter of recommendation at the end of the volunteer period.
- A personal portfolio of your published articles maintained under a custom web address.
- The opportunity to network with high-level representatives from organizations worldwide.
- Experience in operating a start-up nonprofit organization and public service.
- An opportunity to practice your journalism and writing/reporting skills.
To apply, please visit this link: https://www.ivint.org/careers/
Select: Journalist/Reporter – Volunteer
Click on “Apply”
Start Date: December 9, 2019.
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility: Anyone aged 18-35 can apply.
Open to all countries and all fields of study.