Duration of position: 5-months, with the opportunity to join the organization as a staff member thereafter.
IVolunteer International is seeking applications from aspiring creative graphic designers to join our start-up tech-nonprofit for a period of 5 months. The graphic designer will provide creative leadership to IVolunteer International’s new brand relaunch and work alongside the organization’s executives to create, edit, and establish IVolunteer International’s brand elements. The selected candidate will work directly with the Executive Director, but will also collaborate with other departments and staff. You can apply for this position as a volunteer or as an intern for college credit at accepting colleges and universities. IVolunteer International will happily produce proof of internship/volunteer contribution and work with flexible working conditions. Whichever category it is (volunteer or intern) this is an unpaid position.
The ideal candidate will need to fulfill the following basic requirements;
- Strong graphic design skills.
- Personally own, or have publishing access to desktop publishing tools and/or graphic design software.
- Some proof of previous design work (assignments/hobbies).
- Be able to maintain and uphold confidentiality with sensitive company designs and work-in-progress products.
- Attention to detail.
- Good Analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Open to feedback and learning opportunities.
- Ability to work with a culturally different, physically disconnected, and virtually collaborating team.
- Passion for volunteering and working with a nonprofit.
- Curiosity and entrepreneurial grit.
Commitment & Contract
A commitment of a minimum of 5-7 hours a week is expected for a duration of 5 months. You will work at your own pace on a flexible schedule, so there is a lot of space for communication and adjustment. Please let us know if there are additional requirements needed by your university to confirm this as a credit-approving internship. We will work with you to add those requirements.
Graphic Designer Responsibilities
- Work with the Executive Director and the launch-event organizing committee to design, edit, and publish business cards, banners, table-clothes, t-shirts, brochures, and other brand elements of the organization in preparation for the rebranding campaign of the organization and the mobile application launch event.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand by testing graphics across various media, amending designs after feedback, and confirming final drafts.
- Be able to use Gmail, Google Hangouts, Google Drive (and tools), Slack, and other company tools to communicate and collaborate.
Recognition & Benefits
- A letter of recommendation or certificate of completion at the end of the volunteer/internship period.
- Gain experience in working at a start-up nonprofit organization and public service.
- An opportunity to hone graphic design skills and gain experience while giving back.
- The benefit of working from home (virtually), with a very flexible schedule.
- Work on a unique and innovative product that will be launched in Summer 2020.
If you’re interested, please apply directly here: https://www.ivint.org/careers/
Please forward any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.