Oprah Winfrey Foundation African Women’s Public Service Fellowship 2019 for Study in the USA (Fully Funded)
Deadline 1 December 2018
The African Women’s Public Service Fellowship, made possible by a donation from the Oprah Winfrey Foundation, expands the opportunity for African women to impact for public service in their home countries.
The Fellowship provides full tuition, fees, housing or a housing stipend (if enrolling in the Global EMPA program), travel to and from the United States, and a small stipend to cover books and miscellaneous expenses.
Fellowship recipients commit to return to their respective home countries at the conclusion of the program with the goal of assuming a leadership position on the continent where they can meaningfully contribute to the challenges currently confronting Africa.
This fellowship is only available to degree-seeking students. Advanced professional certificate and non-degree programs are not applicable for this fellowship.
- Citizen and resident in an African country at the time of application.
- Strong academic record.
- Demonstrated commitment to public service.
- A NYU Wagner education would significantly enhance your ability to have a deep and lasting impact on public service issues in your home country and region.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit your Fellowship Application Essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner for fall 2019. The Fellowship Application Essay is included in the fellowship section of the online application; there is not a separate application. Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in the application in order to be considered.
Applications are due by December 1, 2018 deadline.
- Those selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Skype interviews with the Fellowship Selection Committee in mid-to-late February 2019.
For more information Visit Oprah Winfrey Public Service Fellowship 2019