SANBio Summer School: The Business of Clinical Research
NEPAD SANBio (Southern Africa Network for Bio sciences), supported by the BioFISA II Programme is inviting tertiary level students and young professionals in the bio sciences sector to participate in the SANBio Summer School in Pretoria on 25-26 February 2018, Pretoria South Africa.
Deadline 4 February 2018
Topics and outline
The Summer School will involve the following topics:
– Regulatory and ethics issues in clinical research
– Animal/human models in clinical research: Implications, merits and demerits
– Clinical study methodologies: statistics, tools and techniques
– Costs involved in clinical trials
– Raising funds for clinical research and commercialisation
The focus will be on pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals and cosmetics.
The 2-day programme will include presentations by experts in the field. The outcome of the first three days for the summer school participants is an understanding of different aspects and processes involved in clinical research.
Who can apply?
- Tertiary level students and young professionals from SANBio member states* are eligible to apply for participation.
- SANBio member states: Angola, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Malawi, Namibia, Mauritius, Zimbabwe, Seychelles, Madagascar and Zambia
SANBio will be able to cover the travel and accommodation costs for a limited amount of participants. Participant selection and potential sponsorship (covering travel and accommodation costs) will be determined on the basis of the information submitted in the application.
How to apply
Summer school applicants should fill in the survey below, including their idea/concept involving clinical research, along with a motivation letter for participation (max. approx. 1 A4); preference will be given to applicants with an already advanced or at least partially developed concept/product.
For enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.