|Applications: Class of 2019 – LLM/MPhil (Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa)
Deadline 31 July 2018
The LLM/MPhil in Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa is a unique programme to which 25 to 30 individuals from African countries with the following degrees and preferably experience in the field of human rights are admitted:
· Law students
A degree allowing access to the legal profession (eg LLB or licence en droit)
· Other students (non-law students)
An Honours degree in a discipline relevant to human rights and democratisation
For more information on the course and the programme structure, please visit the Prospective Students/Admissions page
All applications are handled via the online system Submittable. Please click on the link below to apply for this programme.
Please note that you have to register on the Submittable system to be able to apply for this programme.
· Individuals from all African countries are invited to apply for admission to study for the Master’s Degree (LLM/MPhil) in Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa at the Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, South Africa.
· Applicants must be in possession of a first degree in Law (LLB, licence en droit or licenciatura em direito) or an Honours degree relevant to human rights and democratisation.
· All documents uploaded must be typewritten.
· The following documents will be requested when during your application:
· Previous academic records/transcripts
· Previous degree certificate(s)
· Copy of bio-data page of passport
· A good quality photograph of yourself
o For applicants who did not obtain their qualifications in English: TOEFL, SAT1 or IELTS Test certificate.
Deadline for receipt of applications for the 2018 class is 31 July 2018.
All applicants will be notified whether they were successful or not by 31 October 2018