African Union Youth Volunteer Corp 8th Batch ( Fully Funded to work for AU Organs )
Ref: HRST/ YHRD/701/1019/05.18
Application Period : May 15-15 June 2018
AFRICAN UNION YOUTH VOLUNTEER CORPS (AU-YVC)
What: CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: 9th BATCH AU-YVC RECRUITMENT
When: 15 May – 15 June 2018
Where: ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY: http://aucareers.org
Who: African Union Commission/ Youth Division (HRST)
The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC), established in 2010, is a continental development program that promotes youth volunteerism in Africa. The programmes to deepen the status of young people as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy development as well as design and implementation of relevant interventions towards the Africa Union’s Agenda 2063, ‘The Africa we want’. It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens. The volunteering opportunities are intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants, thus enhancing their employability. Young African professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member State other than their own. The next intake of volunteers for deployment in 2019 will be from the 15 May– 15 June 2018.
Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of an AU Member State living on the continent or the Diaspora;
- Aged between 18 – 35 years;
- Have a post-secondary certified qualification(s) (TVET, Bachelor’s, Master’s etc.)
- Available in 2018/19 to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
- Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
- Is proficient in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French,
- Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional
To submit your application:
- Create an account on the http://aucareers.org/ portal (instructions and video tutorial
- Fill out your personal information and the application form
- Attach the following documents:
- Your updated professional CV (no longer than 3 pages)
- Bio page of your passport (or national ID)
- Copy of your highest completed qualification (no transcripts)
- Attach a letter of recommendation (not older than 2 years) attesting to your
- Attach your cover letter. In your cover letter please respond to the following
- Why do you want to become an African Union Youth Volunteer?
- What makes you the best candidate for AU-YVC?
- What skills are you bringing to the AU-YVC and your host organization?
- Review and submit your application before: Thursday, 31st May 2018 midnight
(Addis Abeba time)
- Incomplete and late applications will not be considered
- Providing incomplete or incorrect information is ground for immediate termination
- 15 June – eligibility check;
- 31 July – successful applicants will be notified;
- September/October: Pre-deployment orientation training;
- 2018/19: Deployment of trained volunteers.
For the successful candidates, the African Union Commission and partners will cover the
full costs of their pre-deployment training and cost of their deployment.
On deployment, the African Union Youth Volunteers receive the following:
- Economy return air ticket from home town to place of deployment
- A modest monthly stipend
- Health insurance cover
- AU Service Passport
- Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve months service
African Union Commission
Department of HRST
Division for HR & Youth Development
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia