Deadline: 12 February 2018
Highly motivated researchers and phD holders that are at the beginning or middle stages of their research career. Applicants from all disciplines (except for clinical medicine), who are planning on initiating a research project and wish to develop a promising research proposal to be sent to national or international funding agencies are welcome to apply.
EU citizens are not eligible for the program.
Geographic Scope: Applicants to each course are expected to be from the host country and neighboring region, a more detailed list for all 2018 courses can be found under Course Offerings.
Number of participants:
Each course shall have a maximum number of 30 participants.
- Thailand Course: November 13th, 2017 – December 14th, 2017 (English)
- Iran Course: November 13th, 2017- January 14th, 2018 (English)
- Namibia Course: November 13th, 2017 – February 12th, 2018 (English)
- Mexico Course: January 29th, 2018 – February 16th, 2018 (Spanish)
ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN THE OFFICIAL COURSE LANGUAGE.
Data Protection: All information provided by participants during the application process will be kept private and confidential at all times and only be used for purposes of the application process. This data will only be available to our staff, and will at no point be distributed to a third-party.
We request that you submit a 2-page exposé (approximately 5.000 characters) outlining your intended research project.
This exposé should include the following sections and information:
- Applicant name, disciplinary area of the proposal, and title (approximately 100 characters)
- Introduction: Please introduce your research idea: Based on pertinent literature, please briefly demonstrate that there is a research gap and a need for this gap to be filled.
- Aim of the project: Please state the aim of your intended research. If possible, please state the research question you intend to answer. Tell us about the innovative potential of your project.
- Methods: Briefly describe the methods you are going to apply in order to achieve the aim of your project (= to find an answer to the research question).
- Significance/relevance: Briefly state the expected outcome, explain the significance/relevance your project might have for scientific and, if applicable, non-scientific stakeholders.
In case you know already, please indicate the funding agency you want to apply to.
You must submit a 1-page Curriculum Vitae. Make sure your CV includes all relevant academic information, any honors or awards you may have received, your work experience, previous research projects you have been involved with, and any other information you would like us to know about.
Letter of Support
We ask that you submit a 1-page letter of support from the university you are affiliated with. They should provide information about your relationship to, and functions at the university, and express support for you participating in the DIES course.
An online application will be made available as soon as the application period begins. Please fill out all fields and upload all other application requirements on that form.
Namibian Applicants apply here https://www.portal.uni-koeln.de/6851.html
Apply here: https://www.portal.uni-koeln.de/6849.html