Apply for UNLEASH Conference (Fully Funded to Singapore)
About UNLEASH 2018
UNLEASH is a global innovation lab for the UN Sustainable Development Goals, that will take place in Singapore from May 30 – June 6.
Deadline February 15, 2018
Applications are now open for the UNLEASH Innovation Lab 2018, a global non-profit initiative bringing together 1,000 young talents to create new, innovative solutions to help achieve the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). UNLEASH 2018 will take place in Singapore, where selected SDG talents will participate in a four-day innovation challenge together with experts from the public and private sectors to accelerate a common path for sustainable development.
“We each have a valuable contribution to make to sustainable development. This gathering of young, creative, and innovative minds will harness the power of human ingenuity, to create imaginative solutions that achieve the SDGs,” says Singapore’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
Who can apply ?
- Creative and innovative people from all regions of the world
- Passionate about solving some of the world’s pressing challenges
- Excited about engaging in co-creation with peers and experts
- Academics, entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and technical experts
- Primarily 20 to 35 years old
How to become a SDG Talent
- UNLEASH picks talents based on five criteria.
- Demonstrated commitment to solving some of the world’s pressing challenges
- Possession of a creative and innovative mindset
- Proven track record of making contributions to solving social causes
- Willingness to engage in co-creation with peers and experts
- High proficiency in English with the ability to engage in complex discussions
UNLEASH selects attendees aged 20 to 35 based on four criteria:
- demonstrated passion and commitment to solving pressing global challenges,
- an innovative and creative mindset, willingness to co-create with peers and experts,
- and high proficiency in English with the ability to engage in complex discussions.
Additionally, potential attendees must match one of four profiles: entrepreneurs who have recently launched a start-up or campaign, intrapreneurs who have improved or changed entities through research and development or organizational changes, academics who have acquired in-depth subject knowledge through a PhD or research project, or technical experts who possess skills enabling development of physical or software-based solutions.
Each year until 2030, the UNLEASH Innovation Lab will be held in a new country to explore the SDGs through a different cultural lens, using local ways of living, thinking and working to ignite collaboration and unlock new perspectives.
Interested young talents can find more information and apply at www.unleash.org.
Apply here https://unleash.org/